Top 90+ SQL Server DBA Interview Questions and Answers KITS
The only way if we want to get a backup is by using Windows backup for option resource MDF and IDF files. Cluster Administrator checks the SQL Server group where we can see the current owner. The current owner is the active node and the other nodes are passive nodes. The packages and the config files are stored in a directory of our choice.
- The pointer from an index row in a nonclustered index to a data row is called a row locator.
- Before you turn the database over to your users you should run other statements to ensure its transactional consistency.
- Monitoring refers to check database status, settings which may be the owner’s name, file names, file sizes, schedules, etc.
- With the configuration files, we can point the packages from prod to dev in just a few seconds.
- Traces can be filtered to narrow down the transactions that are captured and reducing the overhead incurred for the trace.
- In RDBMSs, all the data is stored in tables, with each table consisting of rows and columns.
Will create a table Dummy with 3 columns; Name, Address, and PhoneNo. This course trains you on the core concepts & advanced tools and techniques to manage data and administer the MySQL Database. It includes hands-on learning on concepts like MySQL Workbench, MySQL Server, Data Modeling, MySQL Connector, Database Design, MySQL Command line, MySQL Functions, etc. End of the training you will be able to create and administer your own MySQL Database and manage data. This function is used to return the first non-null expression within arguments.
What would be the potential reason behind SQL Server connection issues?
The default constraint allows you to set a default value for the column. Note that this is not a Not Null constraint,t and do not confuse the default value constraint with disallowing the Null entries. The SQL Server Database Engine, SQL Server Agent, and several other SQL Server components run as services.
- Without indexes, the process of finding your desired chapter would have been very slow.
- Analysis Services in Microsoft SQL Server is an analytical data engine used in business analytics and decision support.
- This guide will help you to crack any sql server interview round.
- S take an example of the employee and their employee id so that a unique employee id will be there for a particular employee at another table.
- The benefits derived from triggers are based on their event-driven nature.
Would like to hear technical specifics about controls used, and also how it was deployed. Try to figure out if candidate actually did the work, or just was aware of it or supported it. ADF changed a lot in 2017 with the release of ADF v2, which is the current version on Azure, and generally ADF v1 was an incomplete product. What are some of your favorite new features of SQL Server 2017?
Do you know about the Resource Database?
Using Cluster Administrator, connect to the cluster and select the SQL Server cluster. An Active-Active cluster is a failover cluster configured in a way that both the cluster nodes are active at any given point in time. Primarily, the recovery model is chosen keeping in view the amount of data loss one can afford. There are 3 recovery models available for a database.
Finally, miscellaneous commands are those that obviously don’t fit in the other three categories. This includes statements like DBCC HELP, which provides the syntax for a given DBCC command. Maintenance commands are those commands that allow the DBA to perform maintenance https://remotemode.net/ activities on the database such as shrinking a file. SQL Agent is the job scheduling mechanism in SQL Server. Jobs can be scheduled to run at a set time or when a specific event occurs. SQL Agent is most often used to schedule administrative jobs such as backups.
Q. How to upgrade SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008?
A LEFT OUTER JOIN is one of the JOIN operations that allows you to specify a join clause. It preserves the unmatched rows from the first table, joining them with a NULL row in the shape of the second table. CREATE TABLE permission denied in database ‘CSharpCornerDB’. This is because this user doesn’t have permission to create anything right now. Now we’ll create a table in the CSharpCornerDB database. GrantProvide user access to the database or any other object.RevokeTake back the access from the user.For example, we have the following data.
When any modification occurred (INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE) on source database, all modified pages are copied to the sparse file before the actual modification. That means the sparse file contains the old/point in time data . Indexes are automatically maintained for a table or view whenever the table data is modified. how to become a sql server dba From time to time recover the databases to a specific point of time, as per the requests. They provide the enterprise view of your backup and recovery environment. There is no difference between primary key and unique key but, a unique key will allow single NULL, but in the primary key, no NULL is accepted.